Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: What Have You Been Playing Lately?

Trance Hardcore Veteran Acid Glow's Avatar
    Portal 2, Rock n Roll Racing, Duke Nukem 3D and Aliens vs Predator 3.

Axe-Wielding Dwarf since 1989 Hardcore Veteran nemarsde's Avatar
    I'm giving Resistance 2 a second chance, but I'm still not taking to it. I love Insomniac's Ratchet & Clank games, so I don't understand where they went wrong with this. Obviously the enemies, guns and platforming aren't as outrageous, and those are the cornerstone of any Ratchet & Clank game. I expect if you spent most of a Ratchet & Clank game, jogging around, armed with an assault rifle and shooting grunts, it'd wear thin rather fast too.

I have Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on pre-order and enjoyed the promo movie they made for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-wAzlqzXH0

beep street Grizzled Veteran itsallgoodbabyGb's Avatar
    hiya; i've discovered minecraft; it's addictive. i built a big glass staircase to the top of the sky and then a diving board into the sea. i think i'll put a bed up there so i don't have to climb up every time though. i'm quite fond of it, although the squareness of the simple graphics took a little getting used to.

Played Future Soldier for about 2 hours. It's an on-rails shooter, same tired, old linear bullschlachen. Tactical my arse! Less tactical than the Army of Two games!! Trading it in.

Registered User Grizzled Veteran Shataan's Avatar
    I finally got in a certain Closed Beta that cannot be named.... must not be named. ;p As well, a teeny bit of AVP 2010. Tribes Ascend. I hardly ever ski`d in the Original Tribes, so I need tons O practice now.

addendum:

Tribes Ascend. Skiing used to be considered an exploit in the original Tribes. I never did it actually. And now
    it seems that Tribes Ascend... is a ALL about skiing as the mode of travel. I played it a fair bit yesterday, and find
    it not very fun. And tho it looks Tribeslike, doesn`t FEEL Tribeslike. At least from what I can remember. Ahh well, can`t dig every thing. ;p
    Last edited by Shataan; 06-25-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Still waiting for a true Next Gen AVP FPS experience!

Oh wait, You're serious. Let me laugh even harder! Grizzled Veteran Duo_Maxwell's Avatar
    I'm back on wow.... ffs. Several of my battle buddies at the shop play it and they dragged me back to it, kicking and screaming.

On a brighter note, I reinstalled Skyrim and it doesn't crash as much anymore, so it's actually enjoyable now. Making an unarmed badass viking warrior ala Robbaz.

Skyrim - Unarmed Badass Viking Commentary - YouTube

Been playing Killing Floor as well...uh...that's pretty much it for PC gaming. Oh yeah...bought D3 at half price...needless to say, I should have gone with my gut feeling and stayed clear of that fucking pos game. Damn.

On xbox I've been playing BF3, the newest ghost recon, which is so so at best, haven't tried mp yet, so hopefully it kicks things up a notch there. Also been playing Saints Row 3, holy shit, that's some fun shit right there!

Picked up Lollipop Chainsaw yesterday and played through the first couple of levels...I can't really recommend the game to anyone. If you're into hack and slash games, maybe, just maybe you'd be interested. I'd rent it first though.

Since Tara Strong is the main characters VA, I imagine I'm playing a MLP:FIM zombie fighting game. That can't be good, lol!

You dig? Grizzled Veteran Dempsey's Avatar
    Got my new laptop - Aspire 5750G for £430. Apparently it can handle skyrim and crysis 2, not that I'm interested in those borefests it's just nice to know. It's probably the best GPU I'll get for this price and it's as much as I'm willing to pay.

I've been back on starcraft 2. Been making little effort in 1v1 because of how uncomfortable it is to play on the floor of the loungeroom. I'm in silver league and most of these guys are really horrible. Their macro is okay I guess but when they attack they just sort of attack you head on, instead of getting important upgrades or casters.

I'm downloading Left4Dead2 for the girlfriend as we speak and I'm going to town today so might have a browse for something new. I really should be looking for work though.
    Tomorrow I'll look for work ^.^

You dig? Grizzled Veteran Dempsey's Avatar
    Just played the start of Bioshock. Settings are maxed and I'm just past the bit where you're on the roof looking down at the little girl stabbing the guys head and then big daddy kills that other guy. Pretty violent which is nice.

SCANDAL!!

I'm playing a decent game! Infamous 2. Great gameplay, gorgeous visuals, but what's really surprised me is that it's tied together with a good story! If you've got a PS3, give it a shot. £14.99 from Argos.

Registered User Grizzled Veteran PsyKore's Avatar
    Played a little indie horror called Slender. This game is free, you can grab it off a torrent. There's a few versions, I think, but I was playing v0.9.1. It's pretty goddamn creepy! You start off having to collect 8 pages, but so far I can't seem to get more than 5 before the Slender Man gets too close and rapes me. This game is probably as scary than those SCP games. I didn't know much about Slender Man before this game, but reading up on him is pretty creepy too. It's just not the type of game to play late at night, haha.

beep street Grizzled Veteran itsallgoodbabyGb's Avatar
    i've been playing through left 4 dead 2; they did a free weekend on steam for halloween and then had that and its predecessor on sale for £6.something so i was in there. i don't think i've ever had as much actual fun playing a computer game haven't managed to find anyone willing to kill a tank with only melee weapons so far though, and no luck getting a charger with melee weapon mid-charge either. still, what a great game. awwwww thank god for jimmy gibbs junior

I have 52 hours into FC 3, but tbh it is played out for me now.

Pure Evil in Panties Grizzled Veteran Lirah's Avatar
    I have been playing a lot of old lady hidden objects games *is totally out of the loop*

Where's the god-damn beacon? Forum Fanatic Anceh's Avatar
    Let's kick this half dead forum back to life! I've been playing:

Dead By Daylight; Fun game, slaughter random newbs as a killer or be said newb trying to outfox the killer.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor; Replayed this due to the second one coming out in a couple of months.

Sniper Elite 4; tried this game, which was OK enough. Didn't give me the super-feels of being an awesome game. Seems very repetitive.

Osiris: New Dawn; This is an Early access game, had a lot of potential, but the latest patch fucked all that straight to hell. Now it's terrible. You spend like 3 hours finding 9 damn rocks and 1 plutonium ore to finish the first damn quest of the game.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl

It's a mod that combines all of the play areas from all of the games, as well as some of the original cut ones, and some fan made ones into one big sandbox game. It's amazing that I'm still putting hours into a game that's just about 10 years old.

One cannot be betrayed if one has no people. Epic Poster Froberg's Avatar
    Just finished the latest Tomb Raider. Fine, except they've gone to great lengths to de-sexualize Lara, which is a shame. She can be a strong woman while still being sexy, if you ask me. The optional side-tombs seemed a downgrade from the previous game as well.
    Currently playing Mafia III, game seems quite massive, and I've put in a lot of hours already.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullpupDFWM View Post
    Replaying S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Fucking awesome.
    07-28-2009

Fucking hell. I've come a long way in the past 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Froberg View Post
    Just finished the latest Tomb Raider. Fine, except they've gone to great lengths to de-sexualize Lara, which is a shame. She can be a strong woman while still being sexy, if you ask me. The optional side-tombs seemed a downgrade from the previous game as well.
    Currently playing Mafia III, game seems quite massive, and I've put in a lot of hours already.
    I really liked the reboot of Tomb Raider as well as Rise. They could be improved, but still good games. I also think this new Lara is quite hot :P

I was disappointed by Mafia 3. Crashing into bushes hit you harder than hitting a fucking wall. Also, when it came out, no clothing customization. Like wut...? The story is alright tho.

Another game I've played, Horizon Zero Dawn, fun action adventure game. PS4 Exclusive tho.

Picked up Eco, kind of excited to see how that game matures, played it a bit with friends. Not finished enough to really enjoy it seems.

Trying to finish up Subnautica, but game it spoopy as fuck.

Finished a 2nd playthrough on GTA5 now that I have a computer that doesn't run it like dick, also because of that need to finish Fallout 4.

Beat Halcyon 6, was pretty fun.

Have been trying Payday 2 (got it for free), but holy crap people paid for this?

Picked up Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, excited to play it but busy.

Fallout 4 was a huge disappointment. Bethesda in general are disappointing.

Or maybe I'm just more of a story-whore than I have been previously. Not sure I like the open-world-that-seems-to-be-alive-but-is-actually-empty-as-fuck-when-you-start-walking-around method of game design. Good core story is much better.

Speaking of good story, I wonder if they'll ever do a remake of Baldurs Gate. Boy that would be great. With something like the Dragon Age Origins gameplay.

Fallout 4 was meh for me as well.

Skyrim has that issue too. The story is absolutely shit and the world is empty, fill it up with mods, still a good game tho, gameplay wise and the side quests/DLCs

Metal Gear Solid 5 is another game that had potential that just died in repetition and an unfinished story. Sad stuff.'

So many potentially good games ending up sucking cause the developers are busy jerking off to their cash.

Execute Order 666 Administrator
    Godlike Poster
    Planning to retire from Azeroth soon (ie. World Of Warcraft) in favor of Elder Scrolls Online as my primary MMO of fixation. Although I hated ESO in its earlier incarnations, their "One Tamriel" overhaul has made a massive difference and now I'm rather enjoying it.

I also picked up Elite Dangerous in the last Steam sale since I really wanted a space sim of some sort (with No Man's Sky being an overhyped disaster and Star Citizen being forever in development) - still getting to grips with that one at the moment.
    "Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh" - Dr Frank N Furter (RHPS)

Elder Scrolls online any good? Controls/Gameplay/story.

Not heard much about it, I do like Tamriel tho

Godlike Poster
    Depends on how you define "good". I've been playing the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall way back in the DOS era and I'm liking what ESO offers. If you're unsure, wait until it drops to $10 in a Steam sale and nab it (there's no subscription required - it's "buy to play").
    "Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh" - Dr Frank N Furter (RHPS)

Space Sim or space strategy? Sins of a Solar Empire is a personal favourite of mine.

Keyboard Cowboy Administrator
    Grizzled Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadogoat View Post
    Planning to retire from Azeroth soon (ie. World Of Warcraft) in favor of Elder Scrolls Online as my primary MMO of fixation. Although I hated ESO in its earlier incarnations, their "One Tamriel" overhaul has made a massive difference and now I'm rather enjoying it.

I also picked up Elite Dangerous in the last Steam sale since I really wanted a space sim of some sort (with No Man's Sky being an overhyped disaster and Star Citizen being forever in development) - still getting to grips with that one at the moment.
    I am a big ED nerd complete with flight sticks here. With the newborn I have less time to play, but damned if I dont have one of the biggest ships in that game.

Godlike Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Froberg View Post
    Space Sim or space strategy? Sins of a Solar Empire is a personal favourite of mine.
    Space sim. I haven't had a decent fix since the X-Wing series of old (and Disney don't seem inclined to release a new one yet).

Godlike Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    I am a big ED nerd complete with flight sticks here. With the newborn I have less time to play, but damned if I dont have one of the biggest ships in that game.
    I'm still pottering around in my starter ship. Doing courier missions at the moment to stockpile some cash - then when I feel upgraded enough, I'll try something more daring.

DOOM 2016! It grew on me. ;p Was playing RS 2 Vietnam, but no single player component. ;0(.......... Losing steam.

Completed DOOM. Was needing some milcombat immersion so I ordered COD Modern Warfare Remastered. Really digging the visuals overhaul. ..... and the sp missions.
    Last edited by Shataan; 09-09-2017 at 10:08 AM.