Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Official MMA Thread: Part Deux (Spoiler tags for 2 days after any major event)

'cuz they rapin' everybody out there Hardcore Veteran spike_gta's Avatar
    As much as I want him to win, I just can't see Wanderlei beating Vitor. How the hell is it supposed to happen?

TUF Brazil had some pretty good fights and I think it'll be a great season! On the topic of which: TUF: Cruz vs Faber has been really good as well! I don't really care about the live format as I just stream it the next day anyway but the fights have been good and I love how smart and tactical Cruz is! That's gonna be a good fight as well!

UFC 146: Heavyweight Bonanza will be awesome! Even Gonzaga vs Del Rosario is sure to be an entertaining match and I see most of these fights being finished as well, with the exception of perhaps Nelson-Silva.

Only 2 weeks left until I embark up north for UFC on Fuel TV: Gustafsson vs Silva. Thiago Silva I think is actually a much more dangerous aopponent that Little Nog, but I have faith in Alex and I think he'll finish Thiago in the first or second round.

Something something something...DARK SIDE Something something something...COMPLETE

Registered User Grizzled Veteran Gladiator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike_gta View Post
    As much as I want him to win, I just can't see Wanderlei beating Vitor. How the hell is it supposed to happen?

TUF Brazil had some pretty good fights and I think it'll be a great season! On the topic of which: TUF: Cruz vs Faber has been really good as well! I don't really care about the live format as I just stream it the next day anyway but the fights have been good and I love how smart and tactical Cruz is! That's gonna be a good fight as well!

UFC 146: Heavyweight Bonanza will be awesome! Even Gonzaga vs Del Rosario is sure to be an entertaining match and I see most of these fights being finished as well, with the exception of perhaps Nelson-Silva.

Only 2 weeks left until I embark up north for UFC on Fuel TV: Gustafsson vs Silva. Thiago Silva I think is actually a much more dangerous aopponent that Little Nog, but I have faith in Alex and I think he'll finish Thiago in the first or second round.
    Gustafsson/Silva is gonna be a barn burner. I really like both fighters, but I can see Gustafsson winning bu UD. Silva will have ring rust.
    The Big Come Down. Isn't that really what you wanted?

So I'm sure you all have heard Overeem failed his pre-fight drug test for UFC 146...FUCK. I'm so fucking mad. His potential bout with Dos Santos could have been the best MMA heavyweight matchup we've ever seen. I truly believe that. Now its fucked.

His testosterone was over 14 times the legal limit...I mean Jesus Christ. So, yeah his power level really is over 9000! (jpg please??)

And Reem previously said yeah, its my unbeatable combo of horse meat, deads, and squats!! Lulz.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    Yeah, Overeem is a fucking idiot.

I can't wait to see who he gets replaced with. Mir is probably who I'd like to see most, but Cain isn't out of the question, and even Hendo has put his hand up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BullpupDFWM View Post
    Yeah, Overeem is a fucking idiot.

I can't wait to see who he gets replaced with. Mir is probably who I'd like to see most, but Cain isn't out of the question, and even Hendo has put his hand up for it.
    According to a recent twitter by DW he said Mir/Velasquez will happen.

With that said, I hope Hendo fights JDS. Either that or Mark Hunt V. JDS. Their isn't anyone else.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    Werdum rematch. Hunt would be sick to see but I doubt it'll happen.

Werdum rematch. Hunt would be sick to see but I doubt it'll happen.
    It would be strange if Werdum got it, he's only had one fight since returning to the UFC. He is probably a better fighter than he was back when he lost to Dos Santos though.

I was secretly hoping they'd bring Fedor in but it will never happen in a trillion years.

I'd be surprised if they don't give it to Hendo actually. He's a big name and the only opponent that could save the card. And Dana knows he's tired of waiting for Jones and Silva.

I love Mark Hunt but yeah he isn't a household name/PPV draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    I was secretly hoping they'd bring Fedor in but it will never happen in a trillion years.
    Well, Fedor has been making some noise recently about going to the UFC. He gave an interview where he said the most respected organisation was the UFC and if he wanted to stay relevant he'd have to fight in the US. Then he had a poll on his Facebook page about where his fans would like to see him this year, obviously the overwhelming response was for the UFC.

Then they go ahead and announce a fight in St Petersburg in summer against a TBD opponent.

I'd be surprised if they don't give it to Hendo actually. He's a big name and the only opponent that could save the card. And Dana knows he's tired of waiting for Jones and Silva.

I love Mark Hunt but yeah he isn't a household name/PPV draw.
    Hendo would put on a great show, but I just don't think it'll happen. The only person it really benefits is Hendo and his legacy. If he loses it takes a lot away from a title fight with Jones (who is already struggling for opponents), and if he wins it turns the HW division on its head, when it's just starting to gain some credibility and momentum.

Even with Dana saying "Mir/Cain will happen" I still think Mir is the likely choice. there's rumours he's already training for Dos Santos and their just waiting for Overeems B sample to come back dirty before an announcement. I honestly don't think Werdum brings anything new to the table that he didn't have when Cigano knocked him out the first time, even if he was fat and out of shape.

Hunt would be brilliant purely as a style match up, but you're absolutely right that he's not known enough to be a viable choice.

Well, Fedor has been making some noise recently about going to the UFC. He gave an interview where he said the most respected organisation was the UFC and if he wanted to stay relevant he'd have to fight in the US. Then he had a poll on his Facebook page about where his fans would like to see him this year, obviously the overwhelming response was for the UFC.

Then they go ahead and announce a fight in St Petersburg in summer against a TBD opponent.

Hendo would put on a great show, but I just don't think it'll happen. The only person it really benefits is Hendo and his legacy. If he loses it takes a lot away from a title fight with Jones (who is already struggling for opponents), and if he wins it turns the HW division on its head, when it's just starting to gain some credibility and momentum.

Even with Dana saying "Mir/Cain will happen" I still think Mir is the likely choice. there's rumours he's already training for Dos Santos and their just waiting for Overeems B sample to come back dirty before an announcement. I honestly don't think Werdum brings anything new to the table that he didn't have when Cigano knocked him out the first time, even if he was fat and out of shape.

Hunt would be brilliant purely as a style match up, but you're absolutely right that he's not known enough to be a viable choice.
    I never thought about Hendo from that angle, but I have to agree. Given the recent moment and interest in the HW division a win by him would obliterate that and probably put it back to square one.

Yeah I saw that poll on Fedor's facebook. I just know the hatred DW has for him and M-1 but I've also heard M-1 is on their last legs and there's a chance Fedor will jump ship? Anyway, everything is just pure speculation at this point.

DW really fucking dumb if he doesn't sign him for at least one fight. Fedor globally popular, Jon Jones is not. If he signed him to fight JDS it would have sold more than Overeem. Of this I have no doubt.

But you're right, he's supposed to fight in Russia, most likely against Bobby Lashley I heard. What a fucking joke.

I've been so fucking mad with combat sports lately man. I mean for Christ's sake, why can't we, in our lifetime get Manny/Mayweather or at least Fedor to the UFC for top competition. It fucking sucks man. And this year so much has been fucked, especially with the Nick Diaz/GSP thing and now Overeem.

At least I have Sonnen/Silva rematch to look forward to.

Hey I wanted to upload some pics of a recent spider guard seminar we did at my gym, but I'm getting "webpage can't be displayed" after I try to upload the attachments...suggestions? The pics are less than 1 MB.

Dunno, I normally just upload to tinypic or photobucket and link across, I've never had any troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    DW really fucking dumb if he doesn't sign him for at least one fight. Fedor globally popular, Jon Jones is not. If he signed him to fight JDS it would have sold more than Overeem. Of this I have no doubt.
    It'd be an awesome way to welcome Jones to the HW division next year and a real passing of the torch from one true ATG to the next.

These are from a spider guard seminar my school did back in February. It was fucking awesome. We worked spider guard and some de la riva transitions too. Badass!

I'm in the blue gi. I'm currently a four-stripe white belt and I'm planning to get my blue belt during the summer.

Nice. I haven't been to a decent class/seminar in ages (since before christmas). I miss rolling with a bunch of different guys.

Are you still training in Perth at the same gym? Yeah its tons of fun to roll with different guys from different schools.

There's a tournament in August that I'm gonna do. I missed the last one due to some personal issues but I'm going to train my head off for this one.

Still in Perth, but I haven't had a regular gym to train at in quite a while.

I moved house, so I had to stop teaching at the club I used to teach at. I switched jobs and my new timetable doesn't allow me a lot of time to train, and all the local clubs have timetables which really don't work for me (Saturday classes, when I'm always at work, or early afternoon classes, when I'm always at work). I haven't even trained with my jits coach in ages, he had a knee op a few months back and he's only just able to wrestle again in the last few weeks, and even then it's at times that I just can't make due to work commitments. I'm staying fit though, been hitting the weights and doing a fair bit of running, but it's just not the same. I've got a few guys I work with who come round to train every now and then, but it's pretty irregular.

Still in Perth, but I haven't had a regular gym to train at in quite a while.

I moved house, so I had to stop teaching at the club I used to teach at. I switched jobs and my new timetable doesn't allow me a lot of time to train, and all the local clubs have timetables which really don't work for me (Saturday classes, when I'm always at work, or early afternoon classes, when I'm always at work). I haven't even trained with my jits coach in ages, he had a knee op a few months back and he's only just able to wrestle again in the last few weeks, and even then it's at times that I just can't make due to work commitments. I'm staying fit though, been hitting the weights and doing a fair bit of running, but it's just not the same. I've got a few guys I work with who come round to train every now and then, but it's pretty irregular.
    Word. I have had similar problem with work getting in the way of training and I haven't been as consistent as I would have liked. Are you doing security work? I remember you being interested in something along those lines a while ago.

Dude I forgot to tell you....did you see the recent UFC Aussie card...the one with Kyle Noke? Andrew Craig, the guy who beat him, trains at our gym and our affilliate gym in Houston.

My coach Robby Rabadi is his striking coach and my muay thai coach. Badass right??? That was Andrew's first UFC fight. But with that said Noke blew out his knee during that fight so that was obviously a huge factor. Anyway Andrew is a cool dude and I see him from time to time. I'd love to roll with him next time I see him, although he'd destroy me.

I train security officers, I'm still doing that, and it's becoming more and more involved (I have to keep doing new qualifications to stay current, so it's more and more work). It's not bad, but it becomes a time issue when I've got two other jobs as well.

That's awesome to have access to a guy that fights at that level. The closest I've come is that I've trained with guys who trained with Brian Ebersole (met him a couple of times, super nice guy), and I train with a few of the guys on Bernardo Magalhaes team (he had his first UFC fight a few cards back and got his shit wrecked in the stand up, dudes a beast on the ground, but he had nothing on the feet)

I train security officers, I'm still doing that, and it's becoming more and more involved (I have to keep doing new qualifications to stay current, so it's more and more work). It's not bad, but it becomes a time issue when I've got two other jobs as well.

That's awesome to have access to a guy that fights at that level. The closest I've come is that I've trained with guys who trained with Brian Ebersole (met him a couple of times, super nice guy), and I train with a few of the guys on Bernardo Magalhaes team (he had his first UFC fight a few cards back and got his shit wrecked in the stand up, dudes a beast on the ground, but he had nothing on the feet)
    Ah gotcha. Yeah you're a busy man, but that's good dude.

Love Brian Ebersole, cool that you got to meet him and train with his partners. Badass. Yah I remember Magalhaes, but no relation to Vinny correct? Nevertheless...just amazing to watch people of that caliber. They are on a different level, one I could never reach but still amazing nonetheless. If Bernardo works hard on his stand-up I'm sure he'll be back.

Anyone else see UFC Sweden last night? It was fucking awesome. Here's a couple highlights.

SPOILERS BELOW.

James Head trains with Rafael Lovato Jr. in OK. Here he is shown sinking in an absolutey sick ass RNC against Abedi. This is how its done folks, when your opponents choking on his spit!! Love it.

And how about Siyar Bahadurzada knocking Paulo Thiago out?? Thiago fucked up though, running in with wild punches. Perfect counter-uppercut by Siyar and KOTN!!!

My reaction to all this??

Niiiiiicce. Some good fights on that card. I'm a bit of a fan of Paulo Thiago, but that uppercut was sick.

I know that me and my MMA homies don't post much here anymore but...

I just got my blue belt in BJJ!!! Super pumped and training for a tourney Aug. 20.

Wish me luck!!! I have a long way to go, this is my time.

Nice work man. It's a hell of a feeling getting you blue. Good luck for the tourney

Nice work man. It's a hell of a feeling getting you blue. Good luck for the tourney
    Thanks bro, its much appreciated.

Yelsent better be a fucking Christian Hardcore Veteran Salvage Guy's Avatar
    FUCK... Jon... Jones and FUCK Greg Jackson.

Not Jones' fault that UFC management built such a weakarse card around one fight.

Jones v Cormier II coming right up....

If the rumours about Jones and his training are true, he should make easy (easier?) work of it this time around.

Card delivered.

Spoiler:
    Jones is the GOAT

Perfect way to end the DC rivalry and close the book on the last few years. Hopefully he moves up to heavyweight and starts annihilating folks up there

Spoiler:
    Woodley is the most boring champion I can remember. It saddens me that we had the most fan friendly champion ever in Robbie Lawler only a year ago, and now we have this fucking chode

I thought what I'd do was.... Epic Poster Kimarhi Ronso's Avatar
    Jones is like Silva in that in his prime the dude just really has no rival.

And Cormier didnt even fight a bad fight.
    Textually transmitted.

Keyboard Cowboy Administrator
    Grizzled Veteran
    Cormier fought well and then just caught that foot right in the face.