Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Alien: Prometheus

Registered User Grizzled Veteran PsyKore's Avatar
    I think it would've been better perhaps if Shaw was stuck on the planet (I remember something about the escape pod being able to sustain life for 2 years or something) and maybe later Yutani would follow in Weyland's footsteps and find her on the planet. Then they could all get harassed by the Deacon! Maybe that's too similar to Mission to Mars though.

I dunno. I'm just not too keen on how Shaw and David flew off in the juggernaut at the end of the film either. It was a bit hokey.

Aliens - Building Better Hives Grizzled Veteran
    Alternate end on the Blu-Ray according to rumors.

Better ban'd than bland Godlike Poster J A Eyers's Avatar
    The sequel will be a flop, regardless of how good it is. Enough people hated Prometheus not to give this series yet another chance.

Registered User Veteran
    So what's up with Paradise/Prometheus 2?
    Since apparently Scott had a few words with Blomkamp making him change his script so that it wouldn't interfere with Scott's movie, I'm guessing this is moving forward?

Network Interface 2037 Epic Poster SM's Avatar
    Yes. It did.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    I did not like Prometheus.

I thought what I'd do was.... Epic Poster Kimarhi Ronso's Avatar
    I disliked it as well.

I think probably more because it went against the lore in my head, that jockey's were an unknowable biomechanoid race (not future space greeks), rather than it being a disjointed mess with no likable characters.

I thought covenant was a step up but still below the original trilogy.
    Textually transmitted.

Registered User Forum Fodder
    To be honest, I think the film's will always fall sort for those of us that just really wanted some crazy, wild Giger-esque landscape. I still hope but I know it's just never going to happen.

I'll get Scorn as an alternative, though!

I thought what I'd do was.... Epic Poster Kimarhi Ronso's Avatar
    I liked what Covenant did with David tbh, I know talking with Maitreya that she thought it made him too classic villain an didn't care for it, but I think the only way you can keep the franchise going without upgrading the Alien's abilities is to take the focus off of them and put them on antagonist with differing motives. Kind of The Walking Dead's "the zombies aren't the real problem," mantra.

Whether or not you want to go that route is the question.

Only thing I would've done is made the crew much smaller, like eight or so with covenant so you could familiarize yourself with who was who and then focused on the "hey these guys were married," portions of whenever somebody bought the farm so you could feel a little more pity for them.

that whole dynamic was lost in most of the deaths

Still not a bad movie.
    Textually transmitted.

Network Interface 2037 Epic Poster SM's Avatar
    Pfft... what does she know?

I found myself in the position of having read a draft of the Origins novel before seeing the film, and I think that made me feel a couple of the deaths a little more keenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarhi Ronso View Post
    I liked what Covenant did with David tbh, I know talking with Maitreya that she thought it made him too classic villain an didn't care for it, but I think the only way you can keep the franchise going without upgrading the Alien's abilities is to take the focus off of them and put them on antagonist with differing motives. Kind of The Walking Dead's "the zombies aren't the real problem," mantra.

Whether or not you want to go that route is the question.

Only thing I would've done is made the crew much smaller, like eight or so with covenant so you could familiarize yourself with who was who and then focused on the "hey these guys were married," portions of whenever somebody bought the farm so you could feel a little more pity for them.

that whole dynamic was lost in most of the deaths

Still not a bad movie.
    Yeah, I agree with all of that. David was something I really liked from Prometheus and I really enjoyed his carry-on into Covenant. I know not everyone liked his turn into his Dr Frankenstein villainy in Covenant but I dug it. I found him and his creation motivation really interesting and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by SM View Post
    I found myself in the position of having read a draft of the Origins novel before seeing the film, and I think that made me feel a couple of the deaths a little more keenly.
    Say what we will of Independence Day 2 but I got suckered into the pre-release stuff and read the prequel novelization which was largely focused around the characters in ID4-2 rather than the Aliens and such and I found it really helped me get into the film a little more since I already knew and liked the characters from the book. I kind of expect Origins to have this kind of focus too.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/08/15/...venant-script/ Early draft for those interested.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar

I think Adam Savage probably has enough footage for his own behind-the-scenes doco on Covenant. I really enjoy his enthusiasm. I'm curious to know what he thinks of the final film.