Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your current status?

It's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing! Hardcore Veteran -Cerberus-'s Avatar
    Girlfriend of 10 years
    Corrections Ofc
    Still live in FL
    Have many, many guns
    Bigger and stronger
    Drink a bit more
    Have 3 jeeps instead of 1
    Have my own house
    Way less naive

Lots more stuff since I haven't logged in during the past 7 years. Place seems pretty dead unfortunately but highly nostalgic considering all my messages from my join date and post count has been preserved.

Hope for the future Hardcore Veteran Mac6yver's Avatar
    Hello gents. Still married. 10 year old daughter and 5 year old son. Working in IT. Still a liberal libertarian.

You dig? Grizzled Veteran Dempsey's Avatar
    Became a chef. Started an LDR with a chick from England. Lived there for 2 years. She came to Aus for a year. We split because 5 years of LDR is more than I want in a lifetime. Did the tinder thing and got too close with one of my matches. We've been together since Feb and now live together. Happy.

Also conquered the cripping social anxiety I was suffering from up until I stopped posting here. Still hate nightclubs.

Some death and sickness with loved ones.

Registered User Elite Poster Ryan The Ruler's Avatar
    working The Job. has house. has gf who is kind of a mess rn. has a bunch of guns. I spend a lot of time on Snapchat. that about covers it.

oderint dum metuant Epic Poster madbomber1998's Avatar
    Ryan really got his act together :-p

Registered User Elite Poster Ryan The Ruler's Avatar
    I've got my liberal trolling down pretty good too. the list of ppl who've blocked me on fb is staggering

I thought what I'd do was.... Epic Poster Kimarhi Ronso's Avatar
    One of my best friends out of our guard unit just became a corrections officer. So far he's digging it, but he's a little fella and I wonder if he will continue to dig it when he catches one from some big dude.
    Textually transmitted.

Registered User Forum Fanatic Statik's Avatar
    Had my ups and downs since the last time I posted, i was probably still in high school then. Strange how I never forgot about this place.

Left high school job to work at a metal coating plant. Worked 76 hours a week with no days off for a few months and got hurt losing part of my finger; came back and did it for a few more months.

Left there to go to my "dream job" at the local steel mill where my dad works. Worked in the coke ovens which I'm confident calling one of the hottest nastiest jobs in the world for 3 years. Things were looking great, then they shut our plant down and I was unemployed for a year and almost became homeless. I was finally hired at a warehouse that was a shithole and became fairly depressed. Left there to work at a a train yard that was also a shithole, and was laid off after 3 months.

Then things took a good turn, I got hired on at kraft Heinz as an operator, 6 months later I was approached to take a report lead spot and did. Currently still there and looking to get into the quality assurance department to bolster my resume further if a permanent lead position doesn't become available.

That's a fairly abridged version of it. The amount of times I've thought about this place recently is eerie, mainly playing GTA online always reminds me of when I first joined, the height of GTA 3 and all the "secrets" we tried to uncover.

Glad to see some of you are still kicking, although I don't think o really interacted with many of you much. Fro/kob, glad to see you're doing well though buddy. The IRC days are some of my favorite memories of ol GG

Edit- Haha, I still have a CKY avatar. Glad they put out a new CD last year so I don't have to change it

Registered User Grizzled Veteran Socratis's Avatar
    i attended law school and am now an attorney. also married

suck it haterz

One cannot be betrayed if one has no people. Epic Poster Froberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Socratis View Post
    i attended law school and am now an attorney. also married

suck it haterz
    Ambulance chaser, I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Statik View Post
    Glad to see some of you are still kicking, although I don't think o really interacted with many of you much. Fro/kob, glad to see you're doing well though buddy. The IRC days are some of my favorite memories of ol GG
    Ah yes. The good 'ole days. I'm still kickin' around on IRC though Albeit the GG channel has died, obviously.

Registered User Grizzled Veteran Dangerous_D's Avatar
    the usual working

Satanas Vobiscum Hardcore Veteran Destroyer666's Avatar
    I'm 35 now and married. My wife and I are renting half of a duplex, and my sister lives in the other half!

I'm back in college, despite being that weird middle-aged dude on campus, going back was probably the best decision I ever made (next to getting married). After I graduate I'm thinking of moving to California, I'm really sick of the weather here in Massachusetts.

You may recall that Lobo from GameGossip and I started Clan GUI (Gaming Under the Influence) back in 2004. I stopped playing computer games, but I've been told that the clan still exists and has about 40 members.

If anyone wants to get in touch:
    Email: njlordi@gmail.com

Registered User Forum Fanatic Statik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Froberg View Post
    Ah yes. The good 'ole days. I'm still kickin' around on IRC though Albeit the GG channel has died, obviously.
    I figured as much. I know I popped into over and ozafy's server a few years ago and they were still there. Most of the IRC rooms I frequented are likely long gone, although I haven't attempted to go on Irc since my run in with them two.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer666 View Post
    I'm 35 now and married. My wife and I are renting half of a duplex, and my sister lives in the other half!

I'm back in college, despite being that weird middle-aged dude on campus, going back was probably the best decision I ever made (next to getting married). After I graduate I'm thinking of moving to California, I'm really sick of the weather here in Massachusetts.

You may recall that Lobo from GameGossip and I started Clan GUI (Gaming Under the Influence) back in 2004. I stopped playing computer games, but I've been told that the clan still exists and has about 40 members.

If anyone wants to get in touch:
    Email: njlordi@gmail.com
    We had some fun times man

Satanas Vobiscum Hardcore Veteran Destroyer666's Avatar
    @Froberg
    You bet, are you still running a forum? I remember 404.

Where's the god-damn beacon? Forum Fanatic Anceh's Avatar
    It died

Dead parts surround you Hardcore Veteran kirkyl's Avatar
    Wow, been such a long time. Good to see some familiar names.

-I just moved from a 2 bedroom flat to a 4 bedroom house with my brother and my girlfriend of nearly 3 years. Insane amount of room.

-Been at my current job for nearly 3 years as a Data Administrator, looking for better paying work currently.

-I've cut down clubbing/ going to house parties but still maintain a somewhat active social life.

-I'm still into gaming but I can go days without gaming to playing videogames all day, weekends of course.

-Currently pursuing a healthier lifestyle, less alcohol, less unhealthy food, going gym 3-4 times a week and will be spending weekends cycling when weather gets warmer.

-Still got long hair and an even bigger beard.

Registered User Grizzled Veteran Socratis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Froberg View Post
    Ambulance chaser, I take it?
    criminal prosecutor