Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

I thought what I'd do was.... Epic Poster Kimarhi Ronso's Avatar
    Which I think everybody knew was coming.

But I'd argue unless Martin had some hard left turn planned for that character arc anyways it wouldn't really matter.
    Spoiler:
    other than giving Jon validation. If mankind survives the white walker invasion he'd be chosen to lead the 7 kingdoms anyways
    Textually transmitted.

One cannot be betrayed if one has no people. Epic Poster Froberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimarhi Ronso View Post
    Which I think everybody knew was coming.

But I'd argue unless Martin had some hard left turn planned for that character arc anyways it wouldn't really matter.
    Spoiler:
    other than giving Jon validation. If mankind survives the white walker invasion he'd be chosen to lead the 7 kingdoms anyways
    Spoiler:
    Well he certainly wouldn't be a bastard any more, since they did get married. Can the recently dead father children? I took note of the way he was able to approach the dragon. I wonder if there's going to be a scene where the mother of dragons wants to light him up - but he survives the dragon fire. That would make for an interesting long-lost family reunion.
    I am still extremely annoyed by the fast-travel going on. Still have zero sense of how much time is passing.
    What's up with Gendry? Was he brought on to be a potential claimant for the Iron Throne? He might have the blood of a king, but he's still a bastard, not sure how much validity that would hold. Then again, stranger things have happened.

Where's the god-damn beacon? Forum Fanatic Anceh's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    Ye, the fast-traveling is annoying as hell. What more annoys me is how Jon decided to go straight for Eastwatch without stopping at Winterfell. I have a bad feeling about Jon's future.

Also, episode 6 has been leaked. I'm conflicted as to whether I should watch it or not. I kinda want to, but then it will be so long till the next episode!

One cannot be betrayed if one has no people. Epic Poster Froberg's Avatar
    Yeah I'm not going to. It's worth taking your time when there's only seven fucking episodes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Froberg View Post
    Yeah I'm not going to. It's worth taking your time when there's only seven fucking episodes, lol.
    I bet they could have made 10 episodes if they had decided to FUCK THE FAST-TRAVEL

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    I've watched episode 6

Youtube kept posting spoilers in my feed so I had to watch.

Spoiler:
    Shit's starting to happen. Who did not see the mission to go past the wall would head towards more or less epic failure? I don't remember much else. Except for the Arya and Sansa cool contest stare-off

Episode 7:
    Spoiler:
    Holy shit what a finale. Still lots of talking, but also lots of awesome stuff. Jamie betraying Cersei. Wonder if he'll pledge for Daenarys? Arya killing Baelish! That was just awesome. Jon and Daenarys having some hawt unwed sex, the look on Tyrion's face,
    almost as if he thought he could've married Daenarys. And the fucking sad, but epic ending, the Dragon tearing down the wall. I'm so pumped for season 8.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anceh View Post
    Episode 7:
    Spoiler:
    Holy shit what a finale. Still lots of talking, but also lots of awesome stuff. Jamie betraying Cersei. Wonder if he'll pledge for Daenarys? Arya killing Baelish! That was just awesome. Jon and Daenarys having some hawt unwed sex, the look on Tyrion's face,
    almost as if he thought he could've married Daenarys. And the fucking sad, but epic ending, the Dragon tearing down the wall. I'm so pumped for season 8.
    Spoiler:
    I called it a while back that this season would end with the wall coming down. Arya killing Baelish was a looong time coming. Glad it all got wrapped up in that regard. I was a bit over it this season, there's just so much more important shit to deal with.

Don't give a fuck about Theon or his sister, could've done without Jon "forgiving" Theon, or Theon making the most of having no balls. It feels so pointless at this stage of the game, and given the rush this show has been in this season, it just feels like a waste of space. If it had been a full 10 episode season sure, they could fit it in and make it work, but not with the shortened format they've got.

Jon finally got inside Dany, and we find out she's his aunty while he's slaying the dragon... Glad both of those things happened, as the tension for both was fucking played out. Every single person that watches the show has known what's what for a long time, and it was well past time it became common knowledge for the characters.

Cersei is a cunt, and there was a few brief seconds that I legitimately thought Jaime was going to die. Glad he's finally put the sister-love to rest, honestly probably a season late. He had such great character development in the first few seasons, during his travels with Brienne. It's a bit of a shame they've put him on the back burner and just made him Cersei's lap dog right up until that moment when they had absolutely no choice but to have him act.

Pumped for season 8. There's a lot in place, can't imagine how they're going to make the events in the south at all compelling given what's going to be going on in the north, but I'm balls deep in this show.