Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

Where's the god-damn beacon? Forum Fanatic Anceh's Avatar

TV Game of Thrones Season 7

Who's hyped? I certainly am!

When spoiling stuff, make sure to write

Episode 1:
    Spoiler:
    I am writing a spoiler here

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    I would suggest spoiler tags for at least 2 days after an episode airs.

I personally would also prefer all rumoury type spoilers, my cousins friends uncle was a carpenter on set type stuff also gets put in spoiler tags and labelled appropriately. Last season I had some cunt at another forum spoil Jon Snow being king in the north the week before the Battle of the Bastards aired.

That sucks :\ I should probably re-watch season 6... But There's no time

I feel the producers are rushing it a bit. Season 5 were Book 4 and 5 jammed in together. They could at least have made it 2 seasons.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    I re-watched the whole thing from season one, finished a few weeks ago. It really drove home how terrible season five was.

Season 5 was so bad. It had its moments, but over-all it was...

One cannot be betrayed if one has no people. Epic Poster Froberg's Avatar
    They've rushed the show in general. Worried it wouldn't become popular enough, I suppose, so they decided to keep it focused.

But it doesn't really lend enough gravitas to a lot of the plot when it goes this quickly.

Then again, it's better than TWD and the snorefest that has become.

Registered User Grizzled Veteran Shataan's Avatar
    I like my Series to start with more of a bang really.
    Still waiting for a true Next Gen AVP FPS experience!

First episode, oh em gee!

It was good.

Spoiler:
    Arya becoming a bit of a mass murdering psychopath is something I can really get behind.
    Most of the other stories lines were just touching base with some characters and setting up for some later episodes.
    I'd be interested to know how Jorah ended up in the Citadel.
    Looks like everyone is headed to Dragonstone or The Wall. Seems like they could be setting a faster pace for these last two seasons.
    Didn't really need 10 minutes of Dany re-discovering Dragonstone, but I guess they're getting us familiar with the geography for later episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by BullpupDFWM View Post
    It was good.

Spoiler:
    Arya becoming a bit of a mass murdering psychopath is something I can really get behind.
    Most of the other stories lines were just touching base with some characters and setting up for some later episodes.
    I'd be interested to know how Jorah ended up in the Citadel.
    Looks like everyone is headed to Dragonstone or The Wall. Seems like they could be setting a faster pace for these last two seasons.
    Didn't really need 10 minutes of Dany re-discovering Dragonstone, but I guess they're getting us familiar with the geography for later episodes.
    Spoiler:
    I, for one, quite liked the overview of Dragonstone. It gave a visual that we've not had as yet. It was really nice.
    Jorah went to get a cure, duh. Assuming he admitted himself willingly.
    On point with Arya though, she is quite excellent. Wife was upset that her hands were like those of an old man. I tried explaining to her that there's more to being a faceless man than just taking a face.. considering how apparently they mimic voices and other behaviours. Assuming some sort of light magic is at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Froberg View Post
    Spoiler:
    I, for one, quite liked the overview of Dragonstone. It gave a visual that we've not had as yet. It was really nice.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I figured it's going to play a very big part this season, and obviously we're going to need a good overview of the island and it's layout. We also got a nice aerial shot of Winterfell, which from memorty is something we've not had outside of the opening credits.

Spoiler:
    Jorah went to get a cure, duh. Assuming he admitted himself willingly.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, but he can probably guess as well as we can that the maesters don't know how to cure greyscale. When he was off to search the world for a cure I imagined he'd be headed to the Shadowlands beyond Asshai.

Spoiler:
    On point with Arya though, she is quite excellent. Wife was upset that her hands were like those of an old man. I tried explaining to her that there's more to being a faceless man than just taking a face.. considering how apparently they mimic voices and other behaviours. Assuming some sort of light magic is at work.
    Spoiler:
    I assume your assumption is correct. It's more than just wearing a face. It's Tom Hardy in Inception.

My vB codes are still smooth as fuck.

Spoiler:
    I was tricked at first about how old man Frey was Arya. I thought it was what happened before he died, so someone would carry out his work in case of his death. Turns out I was wrong.
    The Citadel was kinda boring imo, all we see is Sam almost throw up and a lot of shit.
    I liked Clegane's scene tho, when he saw into the fire.
    During the Dragonstone LOTR walk, I expected an ambush that never came.
    Really liked the cameo of Ed Sheeran too.

Speculation:
    Spoiler:
    Seeing how Arya is dead set on revenge, and seeing how poorly it has gone for everyone else, I think she's gonna die this season. Maybe the faceless men will kill her for betraying them, The Mountain will crush her like a pebble or Cersei being smarter.

The Original Reviews of George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones

http://lithub.com/the-first-reviews-...me-of-thrones/

"Many fans of sword-and-sorcery will enjoy the epic scope of this book, something of a change of pace for Martin, who has spent the last decade working for television and who has long been honored for his award-winning stories (e.g., ‘Sandkings’). Still, to my mind, this opening installment suffers from one-dimensional characters and less than memorable imagery."

GOD OF F*CK Godlike Poster Daemos's Avatar
    I didn't read any of the posts in this thread because I still didn't watch the new episode, but it's like the only tv show I watch (I hate generally avoid tv shows). Will watch it this weekend and report back to you guys.

Spoiler:
    Fuck's sake GoT. Stop killing off everyone! An alliance between Snow-Targaeryan and Targaeryan is looking more and more likely. Arya returning to Winterfell is cool. and then all the Sand Snakes died, Theon ran off like a bitch and... Sister-thing got captured... Fun stuff. Must contemplate on what the fuck I just saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Anceh View Post
    Spoiler:
    Fuck's sake GoT. Stop killing off everyone! An alliance between Snow-Targaeryan and Targaeryan is looking more and more likely. Arya returning to Winterfell is cool. and then all the Sand Snakes died, Theon ran off like a bitch and... Sister-thing got captured... Fun stuff. Must contemplate on what the fuck I just saw.
    Spoiler:
    I'll be contemplating Missandei's boobs.

They're really moving things along a bit too quickly this season. Melisandre just showing up at Dragonstone, ally with Jon Snow, "send a raven", next scene, raven is there. "Take the iron fleet to Dorne", next scene, Iron Fleet getting wiped out. Odd that they punctuated that with the Grey Worm / Missandei romance, but I suppose that was a nice payoff after 3-4 seasons of build up.

I don't really understand why they've cut this season down to 7 episodes, I know there's a few that are significantly longer, but it feels like they're rushing shit now.

All that being said, I have no real complaints about an episode where I get to see Missandei naked.

Spoiler:
    I'll be contemplating Missandei's boobs.

They're really moving things along a bit too quickly this season. Melisandre just showing up at Dragonstone, ally with Jon Snow, "send a raven", next scene, raven is there. "Take the iron fleet to Dorne", next scene, Iron Fleet getting wiped out. Odd that they punctuated that with the Grey Worm / Missandei romance, but I suppose that was a nice payoff after 3-4 seasons of build up.

I don't really understand why they've cut this season down to 7 episodes, I know there's a few that are significantly longer, but it feels like they're rushing shit now.

All that being said, I have no real complaints about an episode where I get to see Missandei naked.
    Spoiler:
    I've felt they've been rushing things since season 5. Season 1 = Book 1, Season 2 = Book 2, Season 3+4 = Book 3(Super small parts 4-5), Season 5 = Book 4+5 and cutting down so much from them. So many characters have been completely changed between the show and the books. I'm just hoping mr George can get his thumb out of his ass and release book 6 this year.
    Also, first we got to see Melisandre's boobs, now Missandei's, maybe they moving down the alphabet

Keyboard Cowboy Administrator
    Grizzled Veteran
    The TV show has taken over, blah to books!

Episode 3:
    Spoiler:
    Rather... boring episode to be fair. Important, but boring. A lot of talk about the past, that we all knew about. Bran returning was cool. I wonder how Jon will react to being a Targaeryan. The attack on Highgarden I did not expect. Shows how brilliant a tactician Jamie has become. Abandoning the Rock (Cersei's idea if I wasn't mistaken) to attack Highgarden. She's definitely having the upper hand at the moment. Olenna's reveal to she killing Jeoffrey was cool.

Episode 3:
    Spoiler:
    Rather... boring episode to be fair. Important, but boring. A lot of talk about the past, that we all knew about. Bran returning was cool. I wonder how Jon will react to being a Targaeryan. The attack on Highgarden I did not expect. Shows how brilliant a tactician Jamie has become. Abandoning the Rock (Cersei's idea if I wasn't mistaken) to attack Highgarden. She's definitely having the upper hand at the moment. Olenna's reveal to she killing Jeoffrey was cool.
    Spoiler:
    While I thought the episode was decent it covered some important stuff and hit some bases that obviously needed to be hit, but it felt ridiculously rushed. I really hope they've just used the first few episodes to get everything in place to give us some actual in depth plot and character developments in the second half of the season. We're three episodes in and while a shitload of stuff has happened, we're mostly just being told about it or seeing highlights of it rather than exploring it or experiencing it with the characters.

Spoiler:
    While I thought the episode was decent it covered some important stuff and hit some bases that obviously needed to be hit, but it felt ridiculously rushed. I really hope they've just used the first few episodes to get everything in place to give us some actual in depth plot and character developments in the second half of the season. We're three episodes in and while a shitload of stuff has happened, we're mostly just being told about it or seeing highlights of it rather than exploring it or experiencing it with the characters.
    Spoiler:
    What I meant with it being rather boring. All rushed and everything that happens is just being talked about, rather than seen. Remember, its also only 7 episodes this season. So we're halfway-ish already.

You guys gotta stop slacking off.

Episode 4:
    Spoiler:
    That episode! Finally shit is happening! Arya returning, was great. Then she kicked Brienne's butt cause she underestimated Arya. Over to Jon and Dany. It seriously looked like they were about to kiss. Let's hope for some wedding bells there. And lastly,
    that battle. Dragon-san, Drogon? I forgot it's name, rekt that army so good. Highly doubt Jamie drowns tho. Would have been rather cool tho. Everyone would have expected something else, then, nope, drowns.

You guys gotta stop slacking off.

Episode 4:
    Spoiler:
    That episode! Finally shit is happening! Arya returning, was great. Then she kicked Brienne's butt cause she underestimated Arya. Over to Jon and Dany. It seriously looked like they were about to kiss. Let's hope for some wedding bells there. And lastly,
    that battle. Dragon-san, Drogon? I forgot it's name, rekt that army so good. Highly doubt Jamie drowns tho. Would have been rather cool tho. Everyone would have expected something else, then, nope, drowns.
    Spoiler:
    Err... you want Jon and Dany to hook up? Even though they're related and she can't have children? Better for Jon to find a wife who can make more baby targaryens. I wonder if Jon can survive the dragon fire.. hmmm..
    Other than that. Wife and I knew what would happen as soon as we saw the shot of the army in the field. We assumed she was coming alone with her dragons. I still want to know how everyone is teleporting around the way that they are in this season. Varys' teleporting in earlier seasons was jarring enough, but everyone is just instantly where they need to be now. I really want a sense of time progressing. Even "you've now been here for 3 weeks, and you still have not bent the knee!". Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Froberg View Post
    Spoiler:
    Err... you want Jon and Dany to hook up? Even though they're related and she can't have children? Better for Jon to find a wife who can make more baby targaryens. I wonder if Jon can survive the dragon fire.. hmmm..
    Other than that. Wife and I knew what would happen as soon as we saw the shot of the army in the field. We assumed she was coming alone with her dragons. I still want to know how everyone is teleporting around the way that they are in this season. Varys' teleporting in earlier seasons was jarring enough, but everyone is just instantly where they need to be now. I really want a sense of time progressing. Even "you've now been here for 3 weeks, and you still have not bent the knee!". Please.

Spoiler:
    Teleporting = show rushing and I guess they want a sense of "mystery". Since when has it been confirmed Dany is sterile tho? Maybe I'm forgetting. Maybe Jon should marry that mormont girl instead

Spoiler:
    Teleporting = show rushing and I guess they want a sense of "mystery". Since when has it been confirmed Dany is sterile tho? Maybe I'm forgetting. Maybe Jon should marry that mormont girl instead
    Spoiler:

Well, she thinks she is at least.
    Mirri Maz Duur’s Prophecy was
    "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

Spoiler:
    Damn that shit was good. Made up large part for the highlight reel / set up we got in the first three episodes. Entirely disrupts the penultimate episode battle and/or event trope that we've had for the past six seasons. The dialogue was the best it's been this season, the battle was second only to The Battle of the Bastards.

Dany and Jon definitely seem to be getting set up for a romance. Jon blatantly held Dany by the wrist in that cave, which is something she's snapped at Jorah for in an earlier season. Be awkward when they find out they're auntie and nephew.

I feel like Bronn should've met his end. In a show that kills off major characters with regularity like this one, I can't see why they wouldn't give Bronn such a fitting end, being taken out by a dragon after wounding it would've been a great send off. Jaime is obviously about to become a prisoner, which could lead to an interesting role reversal from his last encounter with Tyrion.

God damn this was a good episode. A real return to form.

Spoiler:
    Damn that shit was good. Made up large part for the highlight reel / set up we got in the first three episodes. Entirely disrupts the penultimate episode battle and/or event trope that we've had for the past six seasons. The dialogue was the best it's been this season, the battle was second only to The Battle of the Bastards.

Dany and Jon definitely seem to be getting set up for a romance. Jon blatantly held Dany by the wrist in that cave, which is something she's snapped at Jorah for in an earlier season. Be awkward when they find out they're auntie and nephew.

I feel like Bronn should've met his end. In a show that kills off major characters with regularity like this one, I can't see why they wouldn't give Bronn such a fitting end, being taken out by a dragon after wounding it would've been a great send off. Jaime is obviously about to become a prisoner, which could lead to an interesting role reversal from his last encounter with Tyrion.

God damn this was a good episode. A real return to form.
    This is getting frustrating, maybe we should just write spoilers in the title of the thread instead?

Spoiler:
    I agree on Bron. But he's a fan favorite now, as is Tormund and others. I think now they're off book they'll go into the regular fantasy trope of the good guys always prevailing in the end. Notice we're overdue for another "red wedding" style event. Essentially no "good" characters have met with poor fates for a long time.

Episode 5:
    Spoiler:
    Talk, burn, talk, talk, talk, spy stuff, talk about spy stuff, talk talk talk. Think that summarized the episode pretty well.

Episode 5:
    Spoiler:
    Talk, burn, talk, talk, talk, spy stuff, talk about spy stuff, talk talk talk. Think that summarized the episode pretty well.
    Yeah, more or less.

One little nugget though:
    Spoiler:
    Rhaegar got an annulment and secretly married Lyanna....