Thread: Aliens 3D

Registered User Forum Fodder

News Aliens 3D

Cameron mentioned in a recent interview on the T2 Facebook page that he was eyeing up Aliens for his next 3D re-release. I didn't see Titanic but I caught bits of it while I was working in the cinema and I thought the 3D job looked really good. I've got tickets booked for T2 so I'm keen to see how that does.

https://www.facebook.com/terminator2...9129956462090/

I thought what I'd do was.... Epic Poster Kimarhi Ronso's Avatar
    I'm not a huge fan of 3-d, but i'd watch it if it meant I could watch Aliens on the big screen.

There aren't any dollar theaters where I live that show older movies like that. It's not a thing here. When I lived in lexington there was one, but it closed down and Aliens never was shown before it did.
    Textually transmitted.

I can't say I'm a massive fan either but I'm willing to give it a go to see what it's like.

That sucks about the dollar theaters. Didn't you manage to catch any of the Alien Day showings? They were in the bigger chains - at least, over here.

I thought what I'd do was.... Epic Poster Kimarhi Ronso's Avatar
    Nope. My town isn't exactly a metropolis.

We have one theater after not having one for about a year (it closed and reopened in the same place) that only plays the big releases throughout the year. There is a bigger town about 25 miles away that has three or four theaters, but they do the same.

Old genre movies over here don't move the needle.

The one place I did live when I attempted to finish my degree the last time did have one, but it closed for whatever reason. I did manage to catch the latest riddick movie in it after it had already run through theaters and then when I went back by a couple of weeks later it was closed.
    Textually transmitted.

That sucks. :/ I'm in the middle of about 3 or 4 different chain cinemas within about half an hour drive away. They normally show all the usual latest releases but that has included special events like Alien Day. I've managed to catch some showings in places like London and even a showing at Pinewood itself. It's a great experience being able to see it on the big screen.