Thread: > 2003 StrangeWill bitches about Hillary being slimey and untrustworthy

> 2003 StrangeWill bitches about Hillary being slimey and untrustworthy

> GG shits all over him, calls him names.

> 2017, insider Democratic information is dropped that Hillary literally buys the DNC nomination in 2016 election, because fuck democracy, she wants the presidency.

Called it, kiss my ass.

Also: if there is one thing that'll bring GG back it's political turmoil, come on with all the shit going on we should have at least a hundred threads.

Also, I'm feeling extra salty tonight about a lot of things, I think I'm crossing into an old man.

Only JAMMA Games Need Apply Grizzled Veteran
    As someone who has been active with the Democratic Party since 2006 now, I think that characterization is ridiculous. I also think it is ridiculous when someone who is not even a member of the party expects the party to support them despite them never helping a single Democrat ever get elected.

And no, I'm not a Hillary fan. Personally hoping for Cory Booker. Just tired of the drama and mischaracterizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflex View Post
    As someone who has been active with the Democratic Party since 2006 now, I think that characterization is ridiculous.
    It's no longer just a "characterization".

I also think it is ridiculous when someone who is not even a member of the party expects the party to support them despite them never helping a single Democrat ever get elected.
    So the DNC should be encouraged to work against someone because they've determined they're untrustworthy? That's kind of fucked.

Just tired of the drama
    Holy fuck that's all that the Democratic party was in 2016, it was fucking insane. The deal though is every bit of it was self-inflected.
    Last edited by StrangeWill; 11-12-2017 at 04:03 AM.

Yes, it is actually a characterization. And an unfair one at that. It is normal for the party apparatus to be heavily influenced by those who contribute money, time and effort to getting Democrats elected. It is designed to function that way, rather than being an organization that can be hijacked by any outside force that chooses to carry their banner. This is true of how the Republicans and other smaller parties operate as well. Actually spending decades helping Democrats up and down the ballot get elected goes a long way towards receiving party support when running for office, and that is a good thing.

I find it absolutely bizarre that people seem to believe that loyalty should have zero value to an organization and that resources should be spent on anyone who walks through the door. Republicans fought tooth and nail against Trump for the exact same reasons, the difference is that the Democrats won their fight against their demagogue and are being villainized for it.

Yes, anyone does and should have the right to run for president. That does not grant them the right to any political party's resources simply because they choose to temporarily put a D or an R next to their name. Neither Sanders nor Trump contributed to or spent time fighting for their party's candidates or platforms, and neither deserved their party's unconditional support. Had Trump lost the primaries we'd be having the exact same discussions about him vs the Republican establishment candidate who won or lost the election. And it would be just as ill-informed a conversation.

So basically what you're telling me is that people like Donna Brazile know nothing of our political system and should not be surprised that this happened and should have not blown the whistle all because a die-hard Democrat member thinks it's all okay because if you don't pay tithe to the party the party is allowed to conspire against you? Because of a party you've admitted you're going to be really biased in terms of supporting...

If anything I'd say that the Republicans had one thing up on Democrats, they refused to let the elite class make a decision on behalf of them, they elected someone their establishment rejected so fucking hard. The Democrats rolled over and continue to roll over and make excuses for what happened with Hillary, it's fucking gross.

Donna Brazile is welcome to her opinion, one hundreds of Democrats signed a letter disagreeing with formally. To many of us her statements on the topic appear opportunistic and designed to endear herself to a group that she may see a political future with. But her motives are her own.

You have declined to respond to my actual points. I won't engage further until you actually discuss the topic rather than ranting about something you clearly do not have any real experience with.

And yes, it has worked out *so well* for the Republicans. The problem with what happened there is that they actually got what they claimed they wanted. And its been a disaster ever since.