Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Request forum features / fixes here.

Axe-Wielding Dwarf since 1989 Hardcore Veteran nemarsde's Avatar
    I request the fat bars under user's name on each post in a thread be moved to the sig. Arrange them side by side. Then user's can turn off sigs and turn off the fat bars too.

Herne the hunter did object to this idea in the previous thread, but he wasn't thinking clearly at the time. (After all, rather than ruining his sig, we currently have them ruining every post on every page.)

[adjust your set] Hardcore Veteran dedhed's Avatar
    i've no quarrel with putting them under the sig, but i'm not fond of the idea of linking them to it. i like my sig; i don't like these bars. i'd rather not be forced to remove my sig just to get rid of them.

Keyboard Cowboy Administrator
    Grizzled Veteran
    bars moved, still need to redesign them though

Quote Originally Posted by dedhed View Post
    i've no quarrel with putting them under the sig, but i'm not fond of the idea of linking them to it. i like my sig; i don't like these bars. i'd rather not be forced to remove my sig just to get rid of them.
    Ah-hah, now you're not thinking straight either.

Don't like the bars?

Well then, make them display within the sig (could be under, over, wherever), and you can turn them off by turning your sig off.

That actually gives you an option.

Having the bars under your sig is no different to having them under your user name really. No less glaring.

green.png = yellow.

Grizzled Veteran
    Yep, I didnt feel like hacking someone elses code to change a name :P

[adjust your set] Hardcore Veteran dedhed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nemarsde View Post
    Ah-hah, now you're not thinking straight either.

Don't like the bars?

Well then, make them display within the sig (could be under, over, wherever), and you can turn them off by turning your sig off.

That actually gives you an option.

Having the bars under your sig is no different to having them under your user name really. No less glaring.
    the point is i don't want to have to remove my sig. if the option to remove them is there i'll use it, but linking them to the sigs so that the only way they can be removed is to sacrifice the sig is a bad idea.

they don't bother me that much anyway; i just felt the bars were positioned in a strange way. i'd turn it off if i had the option (in the same way as i have with rep; i'm not interested in an internet pissing contest), but as they are i'll just ignore them. they work much better underneath the avatars; the whole thing feels less 'top-heavy' and as such they aren't so glaring.

Sure, but you can just ignore them in your sig too, matey. Another user could then turn them off by turning off sigs.

The reason I'm suggesting sigs is because the plug-in doesn't allow the bars to be turned off a per user basis. However, if they are placed within a template area that can be turned off, then that area can be turned off by a user to the same effect.

Hey, mateys, did you just run a vBulletin update through your child styles? The AvP forum style has developed a Las Vegas look.

Edit: Ah-hah, so I just caught you in the middle of a style update. All's well and good now. (Nice style, btw.)
    Last edited by nemarsde; 05-30-2009 at 12:57 AM.

Occasionally Wont ! Hardcore Veteran MacCabbe's Avatar
    Hey CAD or Sado... I have one big gripe about GG. You recently merged Music & Movies, and I simply hate that. I may be the only one, and all others may love it, but if I'm entitled to have my voice heard, I'd like to say it was an extremely bad move. I have about 0% interest in music and 100% in movies. Since I have no way to know if some threads are about movies or bands, I spend my time here wandering in random threads. It's extremely annoying.

Btw, I certainly don't want to yell at you, since the work done here in this site is sheer excellence. Thanks for all the rest.

Yelsent better be a fucking Christian Hardcore Veteran Salvage Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCabbe View Post
    Hey CAD or Sado...
    just don't call them CAdo

Quote Originally Posted by MacCabbe View Post
    Hey CAD or Sado... I have one big gripe about GG. You recently merged Music & Movies, and I simply hate that. I may be the only one, and all others may love it, but if I'm entitled to have my voice heard, I'd like to say it was an extremely bad move. I have about 0% interest in music and 100% in movies. Since I have no way to know if some threads are about movies or bands, I spend my time here wandering in random threads. It's extremely annoying.

Btw, I certainly don't want to yell at you, since the work done here in this site is sheer excellence. Thanks for all the rest.
    perhaps if people had to tag their threads with either a movies or music icon it'd help, but i think merging them is fine, consolidates activity and such.
    i dont really have anything to put in here but i felt left out on this EXCITING NEW FEATURE so i put it here

It's a small matter, imo. Though I do agree with MacCabbe, I preferred music and cinema separate. I'm still getting over the disappointment that they're not making a Mastodon movie. Doesn't trouble me unduly though.

Occasionally Wont ! Hardcore Veteran MacCabbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nemarsde View Post
    I'm still getting over the disappointment that they're not making a Mastodon movie.
    Héhéhéhé, likewise.

Registered Loser Elite Poster H2's Avatar
    This will probably go unnoticed/ completely ignored but I'll give it a go anyway.

Is there any chance of this place getting a bit of a face lift? Like bringing back the old buttons for the menu at the top instead of just having those hyperlinks that take you to User CP, FAQ, Member List and all that? Right now it just looks bland and generic. There's no smilies menu either, unless I may have some how shut that off by mistake, if that was even an option. But if that was taken down it'd be nice to see that back.

As for themes, currently I'm using the AvP theme since it's the only one that looked decent and not too bright. I nearly went blind when I looked into the WiiHaveAProblem theme. More themes would be nice I think.

But if this place was made to look a bit nicer and have some custom styled buttons placed here and there and some other touches to make it look less generic and more independent in appearance, it might attract more members that will want to stick around for longer.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    Sort this:

You have included a total of 4 videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again.

The use of videos is subject to them being enabled by the administrator.
    Please.

Grizzled Veteran
    Max videos per post is now 5.

Solía ​​chicos follar como vosotros en la cárcel Elite Poster BullpupDFWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    Max videos per post is now 5.
    Cheers